Joe Acosta's duties as office administrator at DSO include neighborhood canvassing, providing educational materials to residents participating in various DSO programs, conducting community meetings, and outreach to community residents and businesses.
Mr. Acosta's DSO projects have included:
Prior to joining the DSO team, Mr. Acosta worked on the Gateway Cities Clean Air Program, which included outreach to diesel truck drivers in Long Beach and Los Angeles. He worked to help the drivers replace old trucks with newer vehicles with the aim of reducing vehicle emissions. Mr. Acosta's work on the California Latino Voters' Guide included phone calls to candidates informing them of the importance of the California Latino vote and selling them spots in the Voter Guide.
- American Honda Recycled Water Lateral
- Gateway Cities Clean Air Program
- L.A. Recycles Multi Residential Pilot Program, city of Los Angeles
- Our California Latino Voter Guide, various California cities and counties
- Sound Energy Solution (SES) Liquid Natural Gas Facility Project
- West Basin Municipal Water District, City of Torrance
Mr. Acosta also worked as a sales coordinator for 11 years at a sheet metal manufacturer.
Mr. Acosta resides in Baldwin Park. He was born in Los Angeles in Boyle Heights, where he attended Cathedral High School and East Los Angeles College. He has been with DSO since 2006.
« Back to Our Staff